Diana Thornton is an award-winning creative and original graphic designer experienced in a full range of publication art direction, design, and production services. Over the span of 30+ years she has designed hundreds of CDs, DVDs, books, publications and event materials in the music, film, event, nonprofit and other industries.
She specializes in designing high end collector’s books about the Beatles (10 books and counting) for nationally acclaimed author and Beatles historian Bruce Spizer www.beatle.net. She recently completed a 500-page Beach Boys Albums Price Guide with over 2,000 images.
“Diana is that happy combination of knowledgeable and professional, yet easy-going” Yvette Voelker (Pfister Sisters)
She started Crescent Music Services in 1997 to provide CD and DVD design and manufacturing services to New Orleans and Louisiana. Her music clients include Ellis Marsalis, Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra, Charmaine Neville, Basin Street Records (Kermit Ruffins, Los Hombres Calientes, Jon Cleary, Theresa Andersson, Irvin Mayfield, Rebirth Brass Band), and the National Park Service.
Thanks Diana – You’ve been incredibly great to work with and I appreciate your wisdom and patience in business. Janet Sula, ZION
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Extensive computer (PC) experience, including the Adobe and Microsoft Office Suites, beta testing and Access VBA programming. Initial computer experience began in 1984 with mainframe and punch cards. Can work on / interface with Mac.
- Regularly plan and present seminars, workshops and conference panels for topics such as marketing, design, and planning.
- Print prepress for CMYK, spot color, offset and digital printing. Interactive digital publications. Work regularly with local, internet and overseas printers.
- Internet development experience, including basic HTML, WordPress, email, web graphics, and site design.
- Photography and digital art.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Enjoy working as team leader or team member.
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and bring them in on time. Especially skilled in dealing with rush and critical time schedules.
- MASTER OF ARTS DEGREE [December 1992], Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, Anthropology (Underwater Archaeology). Minor: Photography
- BACHELOR OF ARTS DEGREE [April 1985], University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Anthropology (Archaeology), Cum Laude. Minor: Photography
SELECTED AWARDS & HONORS
- Offbeat BEST ALBUM ARTWORK 1999 for Beth Patterson’s Hybrid Vigor
- IPPY 2001 (Independent Publisher Award) for The Beatles Story on Capitol Records
- Offbeat BEST ALBUM ARTWORK 2002 for Astral Project’s Big Shot
- New Orleans Magazine’s “30 People to Watch”
- Grammy Voting Member